Friday, February 23, 2007

Today Is a Good Day for Tech Deals!

So far I've aleady got a Mac Mini, and I just got some really awesome RAM: 2GB chips for servers from PC Connection. That's right - 2GB on a single chip. That's huge, I know. Each chip rang in at $159 which is pretty amazing. I bought 4 of them, as I have two servers that I can upgrade. I'm not sure if I'm going to put the RAM in both servers, because there is a slight chance it isn't compatilbe with one of them.

Here are my notes I took when making the purchase:

SM25672RDDR6H2BGAI - Recommended for tyan thunder

SG25672RDDR6H2BGSC - PCC - compatible with my SuperMicro server

PC Connection has some great deals on memory, but the server I want to upgrade is not listed as a compatible model, though everything else seems the same. I'm comparing the specs of two memory models from the manufacturer, one that PCC has, and the other the manufacturer recommends for the server I'm targetting.

Besides that, I also picked up a cheap courier bag from PC Connection. $24 when Amazon sells it for $50. Cool!




And in other deals, Dealnews.com has linked a $5 off a clearance purchase of $50 or more. The link is direct from Radio Shack, so you can be confident its the real deal:

RadioShack In-Store Printable Coupon

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home