Monday, March 12, 2007

Pertelian X2040

I searched high and low for a good mini LCD character display and this is the best I could come up with:

Pertelian X2040 at Directron.com for $47.

Although I bought one I'm pretty annoyed that they cost as much as they do. LCD components are pretty darn cheap, but getting them to work can be a serious challenge. I bet Pertelian will sell a bunch of these. This will be a nice add-on for the second NSLU2 I just picked up.

Its amazing that an NSLU2 costs as much as an ASUS Terminator T1 barebones. The benefits of the NSLU2 are its size and low energy consumption, while the ASUS has a lot more power, but uses about 8 times the energy, at least.

The one thing I have a decent amount of at this moment is space, I would like to use it to setup more servers, but I don't want to drive up my energy bill. Hmmm, what to do? I also bought a couple of Via C7 motherboards because they use so little energy. Combined with a SeaSonic power supply I should be able to setup a very efficient server.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home