Friday, March 16, 2007

SYBA SD-SA2PEX-2IR PCI Express SATA II Controller Card

I bought a couple of SYBA SD-SA2PEX-2IR PCI Express SATA II Controller Cards from Newegg.com based upon the great reviews they were getting there. For cheap money, it was worth a shot. Unfortunately, I had a hell of a time getting it to work.

In fact, its still not working. The problems were many and could have been caused by a mutlitude of causes: motherboard (KN1 Lite), funky linux drivers, who knows? I still have hopes that I will be able to get it to work for a hi-po testing machine, but for practical purposes I'm going with the leader in SATA RAID cards: 3Ware. Newegg has the 3ware 9650SE-2LP PCI Express x1 SATA II Controller Card for $189 as of March 16, so I figure that is a safe bet.

Although, I have a couple of VIA C7 PC Chips motherboards coming in I could use, but they don't have PCI-Express slots. :-(

I do have an AOpen XCube which has a PCIe slot, that might be the right choice for this idea.

http://lathiat.livejournal.com/37143.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home